Monday, January 17, 2011

I am a Wildflower


I am a wildflower
I am different

I was once an addict.
To pesticides.
After a solitary intervention
I moved to another place
Where I would be free to live clean.
No pesticides for me.

One day after my recovery
I noticed a beautiful rock
Laying next to me.
He looked at me
With such gentleness
That I wilted with joy.

I call him My Rock.
My Rock comforts me
When the sun goes down.
He holds me in his arms
And speaks to me with such tenderness
 That I blossom a million blossoms

When my petals fall
He is there to hold them.
When I feel sad or lonely
He is there.
When I am naked to the elements
He is there protecting me.

He tells me he loves me.
I am nourished by this sentiment.
He feeds my soul.
He is my best friend.
My Rock.
He loves me because I am me.

I am a wildflower
I am different
I am free
© Sherry Irvine – January 17, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Sherry,

    This is a nice handling. 'Simple' material, but transformed in a surreal way. Not a sentimental equation of partner-being-my-support, nor a an 'eco'-tribute.

    Could be wildflower 'speaking'. Could be person.

    I like this.

    Trulyfool

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think of Zuzu's petals. Paste them! Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete